[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Aug 1 21:25:36 CEST 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 17:39:29 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> The engine certainly would not be suitable for lower end devices,
> obviously :).
800x600x24? Definitely no :)

> > I was planning to put Lua inside the engine directory,
> > especially because it uses another small library Pluto which is used
> > for storing Lua state in savefiles, and that one requires strictly
> > Lua 5.1.3.
>
> :/ I dislike including whole projects like that. Would be nice if
> that could be avoided.
I.e. it is OK to link against Lua? I have no issues with this. What
about Pluto (http://luaforge.net/projects/pluto/)? It is a Lua
persistency library, and I believe that it is not that widespread and
is not included in any of the repositories.

> >  - SWF for main hero. I know, it's weird, but they use only small
> >    subset of it and have primitive renderer for that. They'd better
> >    use SVG...
>
> Ugh... Well, actually, both SWF and SVG are rather behemoths.
Yes, but as I mentioned, they parse SWF with their custom code and that
is pretty small one.

Eugene