[Scummvm-devel] Testing needed for GSoC OpenGL Branch

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Tue Aug 3 00:55:50 CEST 2010

Hi Alejandro,

I've just played a bit with revision 51665, which overall seems to work
well.

A few issues I've noticed:

- In full-screen mode with aspect ratio correction (either "conserve" or
"4/3") it's possible to move the mouse outside of the game screen.

- Playing MI1VGA on my MacBook Pro it chose 800x500 as the "best"
full-screen mode, which didn't look too great.  After manually cycling
through the available modes with CTRL+ALT+ENTER a few times I finally
reached the native/desktop resolution, 1440x900, which looked a *lot*
better.  Perhaps we should favor the desktop resolution to avoid any
unwanted scaling by the drivers or monitor?

- On a Linux netbook with 1024x600 display; after switching back from
full-screen to windowed it very briefly (for only 1 frame?) switched
back to the original window size (640x400), and then resized the window
to 1024x600 (the previous full-screen resolution), with the OSD
displaying "full screen".  Oddly enough I can't reproduce this on my
desktop Linux machine, but it happens consistently on the netbook.

Cheers,
Joost