[Scummvm-devel] "Broken Sword II" vs. "Broken Sword 2"

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jan 3 22:00:13 CET 2010

Am 02.01.2010 um 03:51 schrieb Johannes Schickel:

> Max Horn wrote:
>>
>> I just tried to implement this, but noticed a problem: In many
>> places  we use "Broken Sword" to refer to both games
>> simultaneously, and then  distinguish them by adding 1 or 2. If we
>> drop the "1" everywhere, then  a lot of ambiguity crops up. To
>> resolve that, we'd have to replace  ever occurrence of things like
>> "the Broken Sword games" by "Broken  Sword and Broken Sword II".
>> Maybe we should allow some alternative  names for such cases? Like
>> "Broken Sword part I and II" or "Broken  Sword I & II" ?
>>

> Actually I would favor "Broken Sword I & II" over "Broken Sword part
> I and II". But anyway isn't "the Broken Sword games" and "Broken
> Sword" easily distinguishable, so we do not need this anyway? Or do
> we have places where a simple "Broken Sword", means without the
> added "games", is used for both games?

Sure, the first occurance of Broken Sword in the README is an example
for that: The title of section 3.7 is Broken Sword notes but refers to
both games.

Anyway, I'll update the README now, using "BS" and "BS II" and, if
both are meant, "BS I and II" or "the BS games" and similar. Will also
take care of the credits. Help with updating the Wiki, website and
other places is welcome.

Bye,