[Scummvm-devel] VideoPlayer improvement: video positioning.

Alex Bevilacqua alexbevi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:54:24 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Vladimir Menshakov <whoozle at yandex.ru>wrote:

> 11.01.10, 12:42, "Filippos Karapetis" <philipk79 at hotmail.com>:
> > > Both solutions don't affect VideoPlayer for the regular engine in any
> sense. Postprocessing used only in sword1/2,
> >
> > ...and some other engines outside the main tree (e.g. asylum, for
> Sanitarium)
> Any problems with calling parent class method? I could do it for you and
> send patch. :) BTW, what's the status of asylum project? It would be
> pleasure for me to see it in the trunk :)

I don't want to derail the thread here, but thought I'd chime in on this one
;) I'm not sure what the criteria is for acceptance into trunk, but I'm
pretty sure asylum still has a way to go. The direction of the project (from
my perspective at least) is to get the main processing loops 100%
implemented. Once that's done, the first scene should be about 80% playable
(as this will encompass character motion, interaction, cursor events, npc
interaction and animation updates). Once that's done, we need to incorporate
inventory management, mini-puzzles (somewhat functional already) and
saveload functionality.

I wouldn't really recommend adding it to trunk yet because the engine's a
mess! I'm pretty sure the seasoned devs will have a field day refactoring
the code (as we've seem them doing with SCI lately :P), but we're keeping it
purposely messy to keep it as close to the original as possible so we can
make sure we're not missing anything.

We're always looking for new devs though if anyone wants in ;)