[Scummvm-devel] Wiki feedback (was: ScummVM loadable modules)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Mar 2 16:32:38 CET 2010

Hi Yotam!

Sorry, been ill (and still am).

Your Wiki thoughts should probably best go to -devel, so that
everybody can comment. I'll CC this email there, hope you don't mind.

[...]

>> My Wiki page is ultimately a bad place to store ideas and todos
>> which might
>> interest more people. Right now we have ideas and TODOs in at least
>> these
>> places:
>>
>> * wiki TODO pages
>> * OpenTasks pages
>> * various Engine TODO pages
>> * my wiki user page
>> * some tasks have dedicated pages (sometimes very outdated)
>> * we have a feature request tracker
>> * my brain contains some more stuff I never wrote down ;)
>
> Here are my suggestions/feedback for the wiki.
>
> The feature request tracker is the only place where random users can
> post requests (I think, is that right?). As soon as a feature request
> is approved, it should be deleted/closed and moved to the wiki (it
> should be the responsibility of the person who closes it).
>
> The wiki is good for users but not so much for developers.

Hehe, my feeling so far is quite the opposite ;).

I guess this would differ from <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Special:ListUsers
 > by only listing people that actually have a personal page; by
adding maybe also the real name resp. alternative nicks; etc. ?

Of course, this assumes that somebody updates this list; maybe this
could even be automated using one of the extensions we are using; best
to ask Thierry about this.