[Scummvm-devel] SAGA, TINSEL, MADE: audio issues when -not- playing

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 31 10:51:34 CEST 2010

Am 31.03.2010 um 02:36 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:
[...]
> Filed one more ITE bug for Sev (a glitch in the intro speech, a line
> is read twice - #2979695) - I hope he's recovered from HD crash and
> may have a chance to take a look before 1.1.0 hits the net.

Hi folks,

tagging 1.1.0 is scheduled for tonight, i.e. in maybe 12 hours. That makes it kinda tough for any fixes to arrive in time before that.

I am in general all for getting as many bugs fixed before a release as possible, where it makes sense. As it is, we already delayed the release by one week. The only thing I am going to delay this further is for serious regressions, and then *only* if somebody specifically states that he'll work on fixing the issue right away. Otherwise, it just makes no sense to delay now. Better then to get 1.1.0 out and hope we'll see lots of fixes for a 1.1.1 very soon.

As it is, we have 260 open bug reports, numbers are steadily climbing. It certainly would be nice to stop for those and get this down to say 200 before making a release. But unless a miracle occurs, I don't see how this will happen by simply "waiting", based on past experience, which tells me that the only thing waiting does is make the number raise further, on average... :/. Maybe we should organize a "squash-the-bug-athon" or so...

Bye,