[Scummvm-devel] Game enhancements

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:26:12 CET 2010

> Anyway since this thread (and the SCI undithering discussion on the
> forums) seems to have caused to make some rushed changes to our code
> (like first disable undithering and adding that checkbox without prior
> discussion, then re-enabling undithering by default and now disabling it
> again), I would like to propose that before we actually change anything
> in this area we should make some design and talk about it.

The current state should now reflect the consensus on this matter. As for
rushed changes...
with the current state of the options dialog, this is an acceptable
solution, until we come
up with a redesign and something better. Few people tinker with the render
mode, so
hiding major features in a pulldown few people change seems like a bad
design to me.
Strangerke wanted to add a similar undithering algorithm for Hugo, which is
why the
checkbox was made to be more generic. If you feel that this is rushed, I
personally am
all up for ideas and suggestions on how to make it better. After all, this
is what daily
builds are for... to view a new feature and tweak it accordingly. There's
nothing final until
a stable version is released.

Regards
Filippos