[Scummvm-devel] Better place for decompilers

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Oct 17 00:14:23 CEST 2010

Hi again,

so Kirben raised a good point, I think. And a good alternative way to "define" which tools should be placed where...

So, based on that, I am fine with keeping descumm in the regular tools "repository". We could create a separate devtools repository, but I don't quite see what that would gain us at this point. If somebody has good argument for that, though let's here them

Also, I would still thing that we should rename scummvm/tools/ to scummvm/devtools -- this will help distinguish between the two sets of tools verbally. I've had it more than one time that I told somebody to look in scummvm/tools/, but they (understandably) misunderstood it. And vice-versa.