[Scummvm-devel] Better place for decompilers

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 00:57:40 CEST 2010

Why not have 2 tools folders, which will both be part of the build
process? E.g.:
/scummvm/trunk/tools and
/scummvm/trunk/devtools (moving all the tools from tools/trunk there)

Or just have them all merged in one folder, as suggested? Having tools
in both /tools/trunk and /trunk/tools is confusing, even if their
purpose is different. Imho we should have one common path for tools,
irrespective of how we ultimately split them

Filippos

On Sunday, October 17, 2010, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> so Kirben raised a good point, I think. And a good alternative way to "define" which tools should be placed where...
>
> So, based on that, I am fine with keeping descumm in the regular tools "repository". We could create a separate devtools repository, but I don't quite see what that would gain us at this point. If somebody has good argument for that, though let's here them
>
> Also, I would still thing that we should rename scummvm/tools/ to scummvm/devtools -- this will help distinguish between the two sets of tools verbally. I've had it more than one time that I told somebody to look in scummvm/tools/, but they (understandably) misunderstood it. And vice-versa.
>
> Cheers,
> Max

"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde