[Scummvm-devel] Testing needed for GSoC OpenGL Branch

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:16:24 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 5:59 AM, vgvgf <vgvgvgf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - the hardcoded mouse cursor theme scaling backfires on enlarging the
>> window. It autoscales the cursor to factor 2, and limits the scale to
>> factor 3 (IIRC). When using free scaling, it only uses integer
>> scaling, giving a huge cursor e.g. when scaling by 1.5
> Yes, that makes cursor scaling really difficult. Not all backends
> support scaling, but adding a
> GetScale() method to OSystem and having the ThemeEngine set a fixed
> cursor for the
> backend scaling could be a solution.

Actually the backend is still responsible for scaling the mouse
cursor. There is a "targetScale" (or similar named) parameter for
function which sets the mouse cursor, this is used to determine the
scale value the cursor is made for, i.e. when it's 2, it is assumed
that it shouldn't be scaled in 640x400 (or 640x480, not sure about
whether cursors are properly scaled aspect wise too). Of course that
scale factor is based on the currently setup game resolution, thus it
might not be the best solution right now.

I am not sure where the scale should be limited to factor 3, I think
we have that 1.5x scaler for the cursor, to allow the cursor to be
scaled for a 3x factor when it's targeted at 2x.

// Johannes