[Scummvm-devel] Introduction

Ismail Khatib ikhatib at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 22:43:27 CEST 2011

Hi all!

My name is Ismail Khatib and I will take the challenge of maintaining
the Windows CE port of ScummVM. At least I will try ;) It was a real
pity to see that the WinCE port broke some time ago, and it seemed
like that the it will share the fate of the PalmOS port. I now step in
to keep this great port alive (kudos to kostas!); even when Microsoft
recently released the new Windows Phone 7 platform (which is
completely incompatible - until a real jailbreak is out - to older
Windows CE/Windows Mobile Versions) there is still a huge amount of
people using WM or even older Windows CE devices.

Maybe some of you already know me under my nick "Cerial" from the
forums, IRC, from patches I've already contributed, the modifications
for the WinCE port to work with the buildbot  or my other Windows CE/
Windows Mobile/PocketPC works (for example port of UAE, the Amiga
emulator or OpenJazz for PocketPC). I have also been the maintainer of
the FreeSCI port for WinCE (it was the stable branch - 0.3.x, but as I
see the 0.6.x branch got merged with ScummVM, so none of my code made
it to ScummVM this way ;) ).

Recently, I've supplied a patch for ScummVM which re-enabled building
of the port for WinCE and from now on I will try to keep it up to date
and make all necessary changes to supply the Windows CE community with
a ScummVM port.

It's a great thing being a part of the superb ScummVM developer team
now, as I have myself used ScummVM for a bit over a decade on several
platforms and always really appriciated all your work!

So, hi, here I am! :)

-- Cerial