[Scummvm-devel] Better place for decompilers

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 8 23:15:05 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I'd like to review this thread about the tools in the scummvm repos vs. scummvm-tools.

In a nutshell, I still want to rename the tools *directory* to devtools.

As a reminder, the motivation is this: It resolves the ambiguity in the term "tools", and thus simplifies and clarifies communication. And avoids misunderstandings: "You have to use create_project from the tools directory" is easily misunderstood, leading to somebody looking through the scummvm-tools repository and not finding the tool. This is not a hypothetical example, either, it has happened in the past :).

Back then, I had some positive feedback on this, and (if I recall correctly) no negative. So if that doesn't change, I'll implement that change RSN.