[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: Porters of SDL based ports

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Tue Aug 9 00:17:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

as you might have noticed already I did some changes to the SDL based
graphics managers. It is mostly to clean up the confusing behavior on
how mouse coordinates are set up and for the expose/resize event.

Formerly the Event API was abused by letting SdlEventSource pump the
mouse events with the real screen coordinates into the global event
loop, so that they are hopefully picked up by the GraphicsManager set up
and let it handle creating a new event with proper coordinates for the
client code.

I removed this handling now and instead added a new base class for SDL
based graphics managers (SdlGraphicsManager in
backends/graphics/sdl/sdl-graphics.h). I tried to adapt all SDL based
ports to implement all the features they need, but I can neither compile
test them nor do any other tests. So if you could review the changes to
your port and check whether it is fine that would be most pleasant.
Thank you in advance.

Now SdlEventSource is responsible for handling the coordinate updates
via the SdlGraphicsManager API. The current code to it is in
SdlEventSource::processMouseEvent (the former fillMouseEvent). Hopefully
all ports won't be affected by this change, but never the less it would
be nice to have you guys check it and report possible problems here.

Last but not least if you have any questions concering the changes or
suggestions feel free to drop some feedback here.

// Johannes