[Scummvm-devel] Moving and merging image-related code

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Feb 3 00:30:52 CET 2011

We should stick to libpng at this time (and probably forever). For the reasons that have already been given.

As for a common image decoder API: If that doesn't add overhead and complexity, sure, why not. But be careful: As others have already pointed out, we should really decide things on a case by case basis. Not every image format decode needs to be in the common tree, for example. Not every decoder implements the same functionality either -- simply because different formats are used by different engines in different ways. So what I don't want to see is people adding features to image decoders just to make them "complete", even though no engine *needs* those feature. That'll be feature creep and needlessly increase code size and complexity.
Barring that, a common API sounds fine.

Bye,