[Scummvm-devel] move to Git: timeline

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Sat Feb 5 11:14:00 CET 2011

Hi all,

A quick reminder about the move to git getting closer: 7 days to go.

It seems some of you still aren't members of the ScummVM project at
github, so please make sure you remedy this as soon as possible :-)
(Mini-instructions: create a github account and contact Max or Eugene.)

We changed the repository URLs a bit since last time: they are now
entirely lowercase.

I've also updated the repository conversion with some things I had missed.
A fully automated conversion script for those interested in the details:
http://www.usecode.org/scummvm/svn2git/scummvm.script

-Willem Jan

----

Getting started:

The repository github page is

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-test

That page contains the actual Git URLs you can use to access it.

If you're using the command-line git client, you can for example use
this for read-only access without a github account:

git clone git://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-test.git

If you already have a github account, you can use

git clone git at github.com:scummvm/scummvm-test.git

To get write access to the repository, you need to be added to the Developers
team of the ScummVM organization at github. For that, contact Eugene/sev or
Max/Fingolfin.

Github has a help page with information on how to access its repositories from
different operating systems at:

http://help.github.com/

For information about Git itself, its documentation can be found at
http://git-scm.com/documentation with various tutorials and reference texts.

The official tutorial:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html