[Scummvm-devel] move to Git: timeline

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Jan 30 23:04:04 CET 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:06:43 +0000
Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org> wrote:
> The repository github page is
>
> https://github.com/ScummVM/scummvm-test
Hmmm.... One thing which makes me wonder is absence of commit e-mail
notifications. Moreover, here is what they tell about this
on
http://support.github.com/discussions/post-receive-issues/154-receiving-commit-notifications-for-a-repo-i-am-watching

> Commit emails is not something we're likely to ever implement. I
> think you'll find that even your dashboard will quickly become
> information overload as you watch more active repos. Sending emails
> for every commit kinda feels like a regression back to the dark days
> of svn.

Perhaps my behavior is not really fits with modern views on code
development, but I used to see easily how many commits were not
reviewed (I tend to look into every commit made to the tree), and
review them without need to be online, i.e. when the notifications land
in my box.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Eugene