[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.3.1 release tarballs are up

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Jul 4 12:41:52 CEST 2011

Hi Florian,

Thank you for quick action on this point.

I tried making a debug build to see what was in the log, but nothing
was printed there.  Somewhat unexpectedly, the games did start after
OK:ing the dialog twice in the debug build, so I still don't know the
reason for the exit to menu.

Anyway, I applied
<https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/commit/584da65a1d03d4feff8e29c7219ce49096595b7f.patch>
to the source, and now everything seems to work.  To be sure, I built
a real release and burnt it to a CD, and that worked as well.  So
whatever the exit problem was it's gone now.  :-9

"Florian Kagerer" <athrxx at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> It would be good to know where/how exactly ScummVM errors out. Marcus:
> Do you have anything in the log file? The AdLib "detection" should be quite
> unable to fail, since this is a mandatory plugin. I presume the DC does
> not build in the MT-32 emulator.

Dunno, config.mk says

USE_MT32EMU = 1

I've done nothing to enable it, and I don't know if it works on the DC
(if it requires external files it will not).  Should I disable it when
making the release build?

  // Marcus