[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.4.0 soon?

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Tue Mar 8 16:59:50 CET 2011

Hi Max,

> > The WinCE build in trunk also seems to be buildable; I have got it
> > building but have not had much chance to test it or work on any
> > issues, I could do the builds but little else. Is there an appetite for
WinCE
> releases?
>
> Cerian showed up last night on IRC, and thanks to him, we now have a
> mostly working WinCE port again (SCI seems to suffer from a compiler bug,
> or something like that). A release with a WinCE build sure would be nice.
> Maybe Cerian is willing to join the team as WinCE maintainer. In addition,
> LordHoto has a WinCE device and a toolchain setup, so maybe he, too, can
> work on it... :)

That would be great; I can also now build it (if that helps).

> > I would suggest that the OpenGL work is kept disabled for this release
> > cycle for the SDL backend and is only enabled in specific backends
> > where is may be needed/desireable.
>
> Some people seem to eagerly await it for its ability to do arbitrary
scaling...
> Any particular reasons to disable it ? I am not contesting this, it just
would
> be nice to know the reason(s) :).

I am sure LordHoto and Andre will chip in but I feel there are a few design
issues that still need to be ironed out on it before we rush into rolling it
out. I am not as close as LordHoto and Andre at the moment.

> > Additionally, all my backends are in need of a little TLC and I have
> > been slowly hacking them into shape recently (I'll push my branch up
> > when they are all working well again).
>
> I actually was meaning to email you about that -- it's a bit annoying to
have
> those builds fail day after day :). Are you working on this in a (maybe
even
> public?) git fork of the repository?

I did push to my GIThub account a few days ago but I have more work locally,
I wanted to bunch up the hacking into a few grouped rebased changes as there
are a few deletions and moves (the merge of the GPH and GP2X backends by the
OpenGL branch was not exactly how I planned on things going and did not work
out very well and hit at a time when my free time to correct it just
vanished ;-)).

To be honest I'll push some of it in the next day or so (just one daft bug I
want to squash) as it may as well be in tree ASAP, it does not touch outside
of my backends anyway (it's handy that GIT lets me have an area for GPH
stuff, area for OpenPandora stuff etc. in branches, just need to remember to
merge and push once in a while).

Cheers,

John