[Scummvm-devel] Audio::MidiPlayer

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Mar 28 19:42:54 CEST 2011

On 03/28/2011 07:27 PM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> * Most engines make use of the sendMT32Reset / sendGMReset methods,
> but not all.
>
> Is this the responsibility of the engines? Shouldn't this be handled
> at the MIDI parser level?

Short respond to this thread from my side for now, till I have more time
to look at this:

No the parser should definitly not generate any reset events on its own
(in general our MidiParser code generates too much custom events on its
own IMHO, like all notes off on track change etc). It is the
responsiblity of the MIDI client code to properly reset the device when
it first acquires it.

// Johannes