[Scummvm-devel] TsAGE engine and Geekwad

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 1 00:15:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:56:24PM +0000, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> As one of the possible options we may just decide to make it really straight:
>   - New engines must bring one or more adventure games
>   - If there are non-adventure games are built on the same engine as existing,
>     completable and supported games are, then we may allow them to be
>     merged

A suggestion: if this kind of idea is taken up, can we require that the
adventure game support of the engine should be complete, i.e. the games
should be supported and stable and bugfixed? As well as the proposed code
to be merged being in a similar state - imo, requiring that such code be of
a higher-than-usual standard for in-tree code seems a reasonable requirement.

git makes it very easy to work in a branch during development, and my
thoughts about porting/etc are only relevant once games are stable.

(+1 to what wjp said. I am somewhat biased myself because I'd really like to
merge support for the hard-coded Zoombinis into mohawk someday.)

- fuzzie