[Scummvm-devel] Yet another proposal for engine merge procedure.

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 18 09:55:23 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 05:32:10AM +0100, Johannes Schickel wrote:
> * Your code needs to be in a maintainable state. It should be written in
> a way which makes it possible to fiddle with the code by knowing C++ and
> maybe additional specifics about hardware when it comes to sound drivers
> or similar.

I would like to be clearer about this if possible - written in such a way
that we any C++ coder can maintain/port/fix the input/graphics/sound code,
and that we can at least understand the game logic (i.e. not too many
unknown fields, commented, not depending on asm files or an IDB or etc
to be readable)?

> * Your engine needs to be in a state that we can easily include it in
> the next release or at latest in the one afterwards.

This isn't already sufficiently covered by the other requirements?

> * All serious issues which arise in that time have to be taken care of
> before the engine will be merged.

Can we be more explicit about 'serious issues'? Things which are raised
on the mailing list as such? Things which are raised at all on the mailing
list or pull request? It sounds like the kind of thing which could lead
to miscommunication nightmares.

- fuzzie