[Scummvm-devel] Yet another proposal for engine merge procedure.

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:43:40 CET 2011

On 11/18/2011 09:55 AM, A. Milburn wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 05:32:10AM +0100, Johannes Schickel wrote:
>> * Your code needs to be in a maintainable state. It should be written in
>> a way which makes it possible to fiddle with the code by knowing C++ and
>> maybe additional specifics about hardware when it comes to sound drivers
>> or similar.
> I would like to be clearer about this if possible - written in such a way
> that we any C++ coder can maintain/port/fix the input/graphics/sound code,
> and that we can at least understand the game logic (i.e. not too many
> unknown fields, commented, not depending on asm files or an IDB or etc
> to be readable)?

Sounds good. If you could write it down nicely I am all for using that
instead.

>> * Your engine needs to be in a state that we can easily include it in
>> the next release or at latest in the one afterwards.
> This isn't already sufficiently covered by the other requirements?

It's just to clarify the big goal of the merge again. If you think it's
clear other from what too, we can just remove it.

>> * All serious issues which arise in that time have to be taken care of
>> before the engine will be merged.
> Can we be more explicit about 'serious issues'? Things which are raised
> on the mailing list as such? Things which are raised at all on the mailing
> list or pull request? It sounds like the kind of thing which could lead
> to miscommunication nightmares.

Well serious issues would be issues marked as seriously on either the
pull request or the -devel mail IMHO. We could clarify that. I am happy
for any updated sentence(s) for that.

// Johannes