[Scummvm-devel] Little overview of the current situation

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 18 12:55:08 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:34:25PM +0100, Arnaud Boutonné wrote:
> - Composer: Fuzzie has reached a point where all v1 and v2 games should be
> supported. She's waiting to announce it, as she now needs the missing MD5s
> from localized versions, as well as testers. A list of games may be found

Everything except the V1 books (which are not adventures anyway) has been
tested enough to release, I think. So I am not in a hurry to announce this.

> - CGE: Dreammaster and I worked on the sources provided by LK Avalon.

It seems to work fine on Android now, at least for the first few screens.

> - Dreamweb is currently completable and stable. Tramboi is currently
> working on rewriting the remaining functions from pseudo-asm to C++, but he

I did a complete run of Dreamweb a few days ago (on amd64 Linux). wjp fixed
one blocker I encountered, and I did manage to finish the game after that,
and wjp(?) has since improved the end cutscene issues too, but commits since
then have accidentally broken bits. As such, I would not yet consider it
stable, but it's really improving..

> - Additionally, JohnDoe's Picture engine is also mature enough, after some
> polishing done by [md5]. A pull request is currently being analyzed by the
> core team, and testers may be needed soon.

We will be looking at cleaning this up as needed over the weekend.

> - James Woodcock will announce soon, as part of his ScummVM Music
> Enhancement Project, the availability of the recently finished Beneath a
> Steel Sky enhanced music.

I added the support for this in the sky engine, it could perhaps do with
some more testing once the music is available.

- fuzzie