[Scummvm-devel] Yet another proposal for engine merge procedure.

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:26:59 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org>wrote:

> Didn't we say earlier that in those cases the initial engine merge should
> at
> least target an adventure game? (And this discussion is about merges.)

Fair enough, so the "non-adventure games" part does no belong to this
discussion.

> Also, please don't try to over-define things. There's room for some
> ambiguity.

I wanted to clarify these points beforehand, as I didn't want to have final
strict rules about everything. Cause there clearly are and will be
exceptions (a notable one being the pseudo-3d games). I wouldn't want to
have people saying "here are our rules, this engine doesn't strictly adhere
to them, thus it won't be merged". Thus, I understand that these rules are
meant to be guidelines, and that there will be exceptions to them if a game
doesn't quite fit the general description (like in the examples I
mentioned), right? Hence, we can leave them ambiguous and open to
discussion, rather than strict and describing all possible engine
suggestions.

I just want to clear this up now, to avoid arguing about it in the future.

Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde