[Scummvm-devel] New way of handling GUIO

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:33:29 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Tarek Soliman <
tarek-spam at zeusmail.bounceme.net> wrote:

> https://github.com/tsoliman/scummvm/commits/scumm-speech-detection2
> This sets a null pointer on gui options and works only because of the
> current detection table entries not containing anything critical.
> It works fine because the guioptions are being used only after being
> wrapped into a Common::String which is well guarded against null pointers:
> it treats it as an empty string.
> This works _now_ but won't work if the detection entries change which is
> going to happen.

Well, you could use "" or GUIO1(GUIO_NONE) instead, which should work just
fine. In fact, I think this patch (with the suggested change) looks like the
cleanest approach (and it's not a hack)

Regards
Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde