[Scummvm-devel] TsAGE engine and Geekwad

Arnaud Boutonné arnaud.boutonne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:29:56 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

In the case of Geekwad, the engine is exactly the same. The hardcoded logic
has to be reversed, just like any other TsAGE game, but no major
modification should be brought to the engine for that. I don't really
understand why it shouldn't be allowed, just based on the fact it's not a
pure adventure game: there are several HE games which are pure action
games, and they are supported.

The same way, I don't understand why LoL is supported, then. It's just as
RPG as EoB1&2. Users are happy to have LoL, why not bringing them EoB if
it's ready, and using a modified kyra engine?

You may call me an "inclusionist", but I'm all for including non-adventure
games using an existing engine (isn't it the current rule?). I therefore
vote for Geekwad support, and for EoB support if it uses the kyra engine.
For Mohawk games, I don't know which ones are concerned, but if they use
the same engine and if someone plans to work on support and maintenance, I
vote for support too.

Best regards,
Arnaud