[Scummvm-devel] Pseudo-3D adventure games / 360 degree panoramic adventure games

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:21:51 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Filippos Karapetis <bluegr at gmail.com> wrote:
> These games are very good candidates to be included in ScummVM, but we need
> to ensure that the needed functionality for these games is included in
> ScummVM, and to slightly modify our policy to include pseudo-3D adventure
> games.
No, the games are not good candidates to be included in ScummVM, since
they don't fit our policy. Furthermore, I don't think our policy needs
any modifying and it should stay as-is. We are a 2D project and
ResidualVM is the 3D alternative, and that should not change just to
fit the needs of a couple other games.

As someone who is very interested in both Myst3 and Legacy of Time
code (not only in coding, but as someone who's been in heavy
communication with the company for some time now), I would not want
either of the games in ScummVM.

-Matt