[Scummvm-devel] Pseudo-3D adventure games / 360 degree panoramic adventure games

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:45:28 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Matthew Hoops <clone2727 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the games are not good candidates to be included in ScummVM, since
> they don't fit our policy.

....which is why I started this discussion in the first place.

Furthermore, I don't think our policy needs
> any modifying and it should stay as-is. We are a 2D project and
> ResidualVM is the 3D alternative, and that should not change just to
> fit the needs of a couple other games.

But these games are not actually 3D. They're panoramic, like Google Street
View. It's like taking a panoramic photo and displaying it on screen. This
is even possible with minimal effort using javascript.

> As someone who is very interested in both Myst3 and Legacy of Time
> code (not only in coding, but as someone who's been in heavy
> communication with the company for some time now), I would not want
> either of the games in ScummVM.

I really don't understand the point of this sentence.

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde