[Scummvm-devel] Windows experience

LionsPhil lionsphil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:10:34 CET 2012

On 30/01/2012 14:05, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
> What's the point of a symbolic link? If the place we're putting that
> link is better, why don't we just put the savegames there? If it
> isn't, why have the symbolic link at all?
> I don't think it's too late to change the save game directory again, by the
> way. Yes, some users will be impacted, but so be it.

For what little my opinion may be worth on this, I agree wholeheartedly.

In particular, I don't think creating symbolic links under Windows is
great behaviour, because they're not really expected there; either by
users or application developers. Microsoft still don't see fit to make
them an exposed concept in Explorer, for example.

--
Phil