[Scummvm-devel] [scummvm] Replace our JPEG decoder with one capable of handling progressive JPEGs (#374)

Bastien Bouclet bastien.bouclet at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 17:49:25 CEST 2013

One other place where ScummVM's JPEG decoder is used is ResidualVM's
Myst III engine. Myst III loads six 640*640px JPEG pictures per view
change. The poor performance of our decoder is quite noticable there,
even when using a mid-end x86 platform. I know this is not a valid
reason for most of you since ScummVM is not the direct target for the
benefits, but I'd love us to switch to libjpeg[-turbo]. It'd make Myst
III quite a lot snappier.

Bastien