[Scummvm-devel] Bringing our Core Code to another Level?

Eugene Sandulenko sev.mail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 19:52:27 CEST 2013

On 12 August 2013 20:32, Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Alyssa correctly got I do not talk about stripping off references to
> ScummVM (I actually said we should keep those credits). Rather replacing
> our logo and other files specific to ScummVM (i.e. the bits which
> ResidualVM replaces for example).

Just call it SOL (ScummVM OSystem Library), similar to GTK (GIMP Toolkit),
or whatever clever name with ScummVM in it, and I will be supporting the
idea.

Then our project will be naturally split in two, e.g. SOL and ScummVM game
engines. Then there could be SOL 3D from ResidualVM, with ResidualVM game
engines, then that RPG-VM or whatever, based on SOL.

Eugene