[Scummvm-devel] Adding Directory support to Save Game System in ScummVM

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 20 08:29:03 CEST 2013

I wanted to discuss if adding directory support to the save game system
in ScummVM was viable, and if it would be worth adding support in the
future. This was prompted by a discussion on a recent pull request (
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/366 ) for the SCUMM game engine.

I only know of a few games (Freddi's/Pajama Sam's/Putt-Putt's One Shop
Fun Shop, Moonbase Commander, Spy Fox in Cheese Chase) from Humongous
Entertainment (using SCUMM game engine) which could make use of
directory support in our saved game system so far.

1. Are there any other games that could make use of directory support in
our saved games system? currently supported games or even games in
outside development.

2. Would adding directory support for the saved game system in ScummVM
be possible on all ports? or would work arounds be required on certain
platforms? or not be possible at all on certain platforms?

The answer should be clearer, once we have a better idea of exactly how
many games could use directory support in the save game system, and how
many platforms where directory support in the save game system is possible.