[Scummvm-devel] Simon the Sorcerer for Android

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:54:53 CEST 2013

Well, what clearly annoys me with iphSoft/mojotouch us that they take a GPL
project, use 99.9% of the code and the work done on it and then slap a
disclaimer underneath that the *whole* work has been produced and developed
by *them*.

There is no mention of ScummVM at all in the software description. It's
good that they've credited AdventureSoft and Kirben, but there is no
mention of the original software that they've based the majority of the
product they're selling. That, IMHO, is bad practice.

They do comply with the GPL, but they carefully avoid mentioning obvious
facts in their derived work. If you hadn't mentioned that they contacted
us, I wouldn't have figured out that they've used ScummVM at all.

Regards
Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde