[Scummvm-devel] platform/engine notes

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:58:28 CET 2013

I agree that it's a good idea to have some documentation of such
platform/engine code. This could reveal some general hints to developers
of the specific branches. Hopefully there's not much more than the input
issues though.

On 02/22/2013 02:35 PM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> There is already a SMALL_SCREEN_DEVICE define. In a similar fashion,
> we could introduce a TOUCH_SCREEN_DEVICE define for cases like lure,
> which would be more generic than LURE_CLICKABLE_MENUS

I think this is the basic idea for this specific issue. At least that's
what I had in mind when commenting on the pull request yesterday.

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev.mail at gmail.com
> <mailto:sev.mail at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On the Wiki, similar to our (now a rotting) defines list:
>
>     http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Defines

We do have the platform limitations page:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platform_Limitations

It might be a good place to inform engine developers about limitations
when it comes to input handling over there too.

I agree that the wiki is probably the best place to put notes about
other platform specific hacks/code in engines (or the other way round).
I'm not creative about possible page names, but here's one: "Platform
specific Code in Engines". If someone has a better idea, feel free to
tell it to us.

// Johannes