[Scummvm-devel] RFC: Touch interface for ScummVM

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Jul 26 11:08:22 CEST 2013

On 26 July 2013 11:46, A. Milburn <fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:38:14AM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> > I am working with a designer on new touch interface for ScummVM, and here
> > is the very first shot which she made after studying our current GUI.
>
> Great! It's nice to see some quite different ideas.

Let me enlist my first feedback which I've passed to the designer:

1. There is a Hi-Res Icon pack:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4127
2. The logo is incorrect, the proper one is here:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-media (there is a huge PNG), in
originals directory you may find an SVG of it.
3. The version number could be very long. See attached screenshot 07-25.
4. We may use only freeware, open fonts which are available for
redistribution. We are putting TTF next to the GUI theme.
5. There could be hundreds of games. Please take this into account, and we
need to see how to operate this (e.g. scrolling). See attached screenshot
07-25.
6. The games may have different language, different platform, and this
should be visible. As an option you may consider showing shortened
designation, and show full one on a pop-up or something like this. On my
screenshot 07-25 you may see 4 Full Throttles.
7. All tabs may not fit. We need to see how their scrolling will look like.
See attached screenshot 07-26.

Eugene