[Scummvm-devel] RFC: Touch interface for ScummVM

Matt Lewandowsky matt at greenviolet.net
Fri Jul 26 11:28:30 CEST 2013

Additionally, I’m curious what screen resolutions and aspect ratios are being targeted by this. Considering the wide spectrum of platform support by ScummVM, I foresee a need to at least think about touch screens which range from as low-resolution as 1024 pixels wide and up to resolutions we can’t even envision as plausible right now.

Additionally, while 16:9 and 16:10 (and even still some degree of 4:3) are the current favored aspect ratios, it seems like folly to assume that there won’t be some sort of adoption to something different, such as 2.4:1 (which is specified in the Blu-Ray spec as a valid format). IIRC, Nintendo uses a 5:3 screen on the 3DS, for instance.

Note that these concerns are essentially relevant to points 3, 5, 6, and 7. It’d be counterproductive to end up with something which was only usable on a subset of touch-supporting platforms.

--Matt

--

Matt Lewandowsky

Big Geek

Greenviolet

matt at greenviolet.net http://www.greenviolet.net

+1 415 578 5782 (US) +44 844 484 8254 (UK)