[Scummvm-devel] RFC: Touch interface for ScummVM
matt at greenviolet.net
Fri Jul 26 11:28:30 CEST 2013
Additionally, I’m curious what screen resolutions and aspect ratios are being targeted by this. Considering the wide spectrum of platform support by ScummVM, I foresee a need to at least think about touch screens which range from as low-resolution as 1024 pixels wide and up to resolutions we can’t even envision as plausible right now.
Additionally, while 16:9 and 16:10 (and even still some degree of 4:3) are the current favored aspect ratios, it seems like folly to assume that there won’t be some sort of adoption to something different, such as 2.4:1 (which is specified in the Blu-Ray spec as a valid format). IIRC, Nintendo uses a 5:3 screen on the 3DS, for instance.
Note that these concerns are essentially relevant to points 3, 5, 6, and 7. It’d be counterproductive to end up with something which was only usable on a subset of touch-supporting platforms.
matt at greenviolet.net http://www.greenviolet.net
+1 415 578 5782 (US) +44 844 484 8254 (UK)
From: Eugene Sandulenko [mailto:sev at scummvm.org]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 2:08 AM
To: A. Milburn
Cc: Kat Botygina; scummvm-devel.lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Scummvm-devel] RFC: Touch interface for ScummVM
On 26 July 2013 11:46, A. Milburn <fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net <mailto:fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net> > wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:38:14AM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> I am working with a designer on new touch interface for ScummVM, and here
> is the very first shot which she made after studying our current GUI.
Great! It's nice to see some quite different ideas.
Let me enlist my first feedback which I've passed to the designer:
1. There is a Hi-Res Icon pack: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4127
2. The logo is incorrect, the proper one is here: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-media (there is a huge PNG), in originals directory you may find an SVG of it.
3. The version number could be very long. See attached screenshot 07-25.
4. We may use only freeware, open fonts which are available for redistribution. We are putting TTF next to the GUI theme.
5. There could be hundreds of games. Please take this into account, and we need to see how to operate this (e.g. scrolling). See attached screenshot 07-25.
6. The games may have different language, different platform, and this should be visible. As an option you may consider showing shortened designation, and show full one on a pop-up or something like this. On my screenshot 07-25 you may see 4 Full Throttles.
7. All tabs may not fit. We need to see how their scrolling will look like. See attached screenshot 07-26.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Scummvm-devel