[Scummvm-devel] coverity

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 14:49:52 CET 2013

On 10/30/2013 12:24 PM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> On 30 October 2013 12:52, Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org
> <mailto:wjp at usecode.org>>wrote:
>
>     In particular, blindly initializing variables in constructors
>     while they
>     _should_ already be initialized in some init() method just hides
>     potential bugs
>     in init() or missed calls to init(). On top of that, it makes
>     tools like
>     valgrind or better static analysis useless for finding and
>     catching any such bugs.
>

> I agree, however I am the primarily reason for this email being sent.

I am bit confused about the recent commits 6491ad1cf9...38d02d1687
(among others, but that's the biggest batch I've seen ;-)). I thought
there was an agreement to Willem Jan's post stating that these
initialization changes were not the best idea and thus we shouldn't do
them. But maybe I didn't get this right?

// Johannes