[Scummvm-devel] R: Re: MT32 [Alsa] vs MT32 Emulator - GM used instead...

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Fri Feb 7 17:17:43 CET 2014

Hi Johannes,
I think I get the logic now:
- for all external devices (SW or HW) we assume they are GM
- for the internal MT32 we know a priori is a MT32
What is confusing (at least for me...) is that when you select the internal MT32 the "True Roland MT-32" checkbox is still unchecked.
Which is what was misleading me: since that was uncheched and still working fine with the internal MT32, I thought we needed "True Roland" only for HW MT32 and not for SW emu.
I'm a avid classic hw collector, I was starting to think I just needed that for my LAPC-I ;-)
Couple of possible improvements:
- when the user select Internal MT32 Emu, automatically check in the GUI the "True Roland", so we make clear that's the mode used for internal emu
- if an external device report iteself as MT32 (e.g. "MT-32 [alsa]") i.e. "MT-32" is the name string, treat it as the internal Emu (but still give the user a way to disable "True Roland" if they know better than us)
Thanks,-max