[Scummvm-devel] 'gob' engine & 8bpp

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Thu Apr 2 23:38:53 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-02 23:12:36 +0200, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> So whatever is happening in the gob engine, it can't be good ;-)

I guess you need to sit down and do some profiling then. Have fun.

> Another pointer could be comparison to other games

Don't. It's meaningless.

The SCUMM engine is a completely different engine with completely
different design.

The only thing you can do is compare Gobliiins to other gob engine
games. Not that it would help you either.

> And I don't have to tell you

Then don't. I don't care.

> Isn't
> possible that there is some audio processing in the background happening
> even if I set 'no music' ? That could explain the slowdown pretty well.

Dude, Gobliiins doesn't even *have* music, unless you're talking about
the Windows version found on Addy/Adibou CDs, or the Mac version. The
music files are called musmac*.mid or musmac*.adl there, respectively.

Have a look yourself what is happening in the gob engine.