[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM License

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:43:51 CET 2016

On 02/01/2016 12:10 PM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> 1. There is certain software, particularly RetroArch's shader scalers
> which I'd like to use. I spoke to them last year, they kind of
> dual-licensed portions under GPLv2, but since that that specific
> branch was deleted from their repository on GitHub, so there are no
> traceable signs of that agreement.

Uhm, why would we need to be GPLv3(+) to use RetroArch's shader scalers?
That is as long as we don't copy over any RetroArch code. I'm especially
wondering because I am working to support their shader format based on
their specification. [1]

// Johannes

[1]: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Shader_Specification