[Scummvm-devel] Proposed schedule for 1.10.0

John Willis john.willis at distant-earth.com
Sat Nov 11 11:46:00 CET 2017

Hi All,

> Now, both SCI3 and Starship Titanic bugfixing is mainly over, thus
> I'd like to propose to launch the 1.10.0. Maybe we should call it
> 2.0.0?

Calling it 2.0.0 gets my vote as it is a milestone in terms of supported games.

> I am not sure we can get enough testers at this time, but I'm leaving
> it open, and propose two schedules: with and without the extensive
> testing period.
>
> With testing:

With testing gets my vote.

As a 'lapsed' porter trying to get his old ports fixed up I can see the merit in contacting porters/builders directly a little earlier than usual to try and ensure we have the widest set of builds ready to go. Especially if we go with a 2.0 release.

Just my 2 pence, either way a new release seems like a good plan and is timely.

Regards,

John