[Scummvm-devel] Proposed schedule for 1.10.0

Colin Snover scummvm-devel at zetafleet.com
Tue Nov 21 02:16:15 CET 2017

All,

As I have been working today on release prep, I have noted several
places where the 1.10 version number has already been used, such as the
wiki and forum and (of course) in the version numbers for the daily
builds which are baked into the executable. Does anyone have an
authoritative list of all the places where this would need to be
changed? I don’t really want to delay the release any longer on this,
but it seems like from reading feedback on this thread that most
everyone would like to change the version number for the next release,
and I don’t want to disappoint! (Unless getting the release out is more
important to everyone, in which case I will just leave it as-is and
we’ll roll with 1.10!)

Thanks,

On 2017-11-11 04:46, John Willis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>> Now, both SCI3 and Starship Titanic bugfixing is mainly over, thus
>> I'd like to propose to launch the 1.10.0. Maybe we should call it
>> 2.0.0?
> Calling it 2.0.0 gets my vote as it is a milestone in terms of supported games.
>
>> I am not sure we can get enough testers at this time, but I'm leaving
>> it open, and propose two schedules: with and without the extensive
>> testing period.
>>
>> With testing:
> With testing gets my vote.
>
> As a 'lapsed' porter trying to get his old ports fixed up I can see the merit in contacting porters/builders directly a little earlier than usual to try and ensure we have the widest set of builds ready to go. Especially if we go with a 2.0 release.
>
> Just my 2 pence, either way a new release seems like a good plan and is timely.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Colin Snover
https://zetafleet.com