[Scummvm-devel] Engine development/inclusion

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:59:35 CET 2018

My understanding of the requirements is that it's perfectly fine for the
game to be non-english. After all, further work could see any foreign
language strings either wrapped in the translation macro or put in a data
file with the eventual creation of an English translation for it is as
well. What isn't allowed is for the engine source itself to be in
non-English. One of the group requirements is for engine source to be
easily maintainable, and having method, variable, and/or comments in
foreign languages makes it hard to do so.

DreamMaster.