[Scummvm-devel] GSoC in 2018?

Colin Snover scummvm-devel at zetafleet.com
Wed Jan 17 02:36:15 CET 2018

Hi,

As Strangerke mentioned, there is currently at least one person already
working on the AGS engine in ScummVM, so it doesn’t seem like a good
target for a GSoC, since there is already interest, and there are surely
a lot of other things to do which nobody is working on.

Regards,

On 2018-01-16 06:55, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> I can mentor and help with admin.
>
> Should we consider AGS as a task?
>

> Eugene
>
> On 16 January 2018 at 13:21, Arnaud Boutonné <strangerke at scummvm.org
> <mailto:strangerke at scummvm.org>> wrote:
>
>     OK, so if I summarize the current answers:
>
>     Tasks with mentors:
>     - ICB (ResidualVM - Somaen / Aquadran)
>     - Supernova (ScummVM - Strangerke)
>     - Wintermute 3D (ResidualVM - Somaen / Aquadran)
>
>     Mentors available:
>     - Aquadran
>     - Somaen
>     - Strangerke
>
>     Anybody else?
>
>     Arnaud
>

>     On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Paweł Kołodziejski
>     <aquadran at xtr.net.pl <mailto:aquadran at xtr.net.pl>> wrote:
>
>         I can mentor ICB task and wintermute 3d if needed.
>
>         Pawel
>
>         On 2018-01-16 10:43, Arnaud Boutonné wrote:
>
>             Hi somaen
>
>             Would you have some time to mentor it? T0by, the same
>             question to you?
>
>             btw, who could mentor the ICB task?
>
>             Best regards,
>             Arnaud
>
>             On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:40 AM, Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen
>             <einarjohants at gmail.com <mailto:einarjohants at gmail.com>>
>             wrote:
>
>                 There is also the wintermute 3D task, which I still
>                 think is a decent one. So I'm in favour.
>
>                 Einar Johan
>
>                 tir. 16. jan. 2018 kl. 10.13 skrev Arnaud Boutonné
>                 <strangerke at scummvm.org <mailto:strangerke at scummvm.org>>:
>
>                     Hey Pawel :)
>
>                     Congratulations for the release of v0.3 ... And
>                     also, it shows activity on the project which is
>                     really cool.
>                     Did someone consider the Penumbra engine, yet? :)
>
>                     See you
>
>                     Arnaud
>
>                     On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Paweł
>                     Kołodziejski <aquadran at xtr.net.pl
>                     <mailto:aquadran at xtr.net.pl>> wrote:
>
>                         ICB for ResidualVM is still valid task.
>
>                             On 16 Jan 2018, at 09:18, Arnaud Boutonné
>                             <strangerke at scummvm.org
>                             <mailto:strangerke at scummvm.org>> wrote:
>
>                             Hi Eugene, hi everybody
>
>                             I'm in favor of applying this year again.
>                             We can work on last year's list
>                             (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code/GSoC_Ideas_2017
>                             <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code/GSoC_Ideas_2017>
>                             [2]). Sludge engine and Supernova's first
>                             game are done, and the 2nd supernova game
>                             can be used as a task.
>                             Of course, we have to check the list in
>                             order to remove the obsolete one
>                             (typically, I have no idea of the status
>                             of ICB for ResidualVM, and I don't know if
>                             it's still an option to get a student for
>                             Director).
>
>                             My favorite task is the one about
>                             shaders/scalers. It's been lying there
>                             foreever, and could give us a really nice
>                             outcome.
>
>                             The deadline for org application forms is
> [...]

Colin Snover
https://zetafleet.com