[Scummvm-devel] Updated PSP toolchain

rsn8887 raist66676 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 14 03:48:28 CEST 2019

Hello all,
I updated the psp toolchain on the buildbot today. The old psp toolchain couldn’t compile the latest kyra engine changes anymore due to a compiler bug in ancient gcc 4.3.x.

The updated toolchain uses gcc 4.9.3, a version where that compiler bug that prevented kyra to compile has been fixed.

A backup of the complete old toolchain is present on the buildbot server in /opt/toolchains/backup_and_update_info_20190413/. So the changes can always be reverted. In the same folder, I put the new toolchain files I used, as well as a short README.TXT about what I did.

I removed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH buildbot hack for the psp platform here:

Since the new toolchain shouldn’t require it. I will revert the above commit in case the buildbot displays problems building psp builds in the future.

BUILDBOT: Remove psp library hack, not needed with updated psp toolchain <https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-sites/commit/c2724a790fb571e48a97ae2b37ad625b8f3f0a87>

The new gcc should build kyra fine (it does in my local tests). However, at least on my local machine, the new compiler fails on linking the glk (Gargoyle engine) plugin. I get a ton of undefined reference errors like this one for example:
engines/glk/alan2/execute.o: In function `Glk::Alan2::Execute::quit()':
(.text+0x3b4): undefined reference to `Glk::Alan2::Alan2::statusLine()’

Dreammaster, you might want to take a look at psp buildbot logs if you are interested.

Otherwise, note glk is an interactive fiction engine. There is really no way to play those types of games comfortably on the psp platform. There is no usb/bt keyboard support for example. I suggest setting disable-engine=glk for the psp platform buildbot settings, and disable the engine on this platform. This would allow the buildbot to hopefully create somewhat useful executables. At least that is my hope.

Cheers,
rsn8887