[Scummvm-devel] GSoC application - status

Arnaud Boutonné strangerke at scummvm.org
Sun Feb 3 10:51:30 CET 2019

Dear teams,

I pushed a first version of our application form to Google yesterday. We
have 3 days left to change it if required and to polish the idea page.

Reminder:
Application page:
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Summer_of_Code/Application/2019
Idea Page -
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Summer_of_Code/GSoC_Ideas_2019

As you'll see on the application page, 7 team members expressed their
interest to (co-) mentor a student (eventually with a period of low
connectivity during the summer because of holidays)

In alphabetical order, here is the list:
For ResiduaVM:
- aquadran
- botje
- somaen

For ScummVM:
- djwillis
- dreammaster
- sev
- strangerke

If you want to join the effort, please contact me: the more, the merrier! :)

Concerning the tasks now: I added some tasks as there were no objections to
my previous emails. Everybody is welcome to proofread and fix the texts, or
to suggest new ideas.

I also asked that all the ideas should be confirmed with a mentor. At the
time I'm writing this email, most of them are still unconfirmed. As Google
will review the idea page during the proposal appraisal process, I'll
remove them if they are still unconfirmed on 5 February (evening)

Here is the list of unconfirmed tasks. All of them are from ScummVM.
(thanks ResidualVM mentors for the confirming or removing your tasks on
time!)
- Improve touchscreen GUI
- Improve Main GUI
- Macromedia Director
- Networking code for moonbase commander
- Mission Supernova 2
- Improve Android port
- Support shaders ans arbitrary scalers
- Text to speech

We are now in the last 72 hours of the application form period, so please
don't wait too much if you want to join the effort as a (co-)mentor, as a
proofreader, or for any thing that you could have in mind ;)

Best regards,
Arnaud / Strangerke

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>