[Scummvm-devel] Fw: ScummVM documentation

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Apr 10 08:29:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 15:51, J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:
> Here's some basic information on the resource file formats for V3-V8.
>
> I'll write some more intresting stuff over the next few days, like things
> on the SMUSH formats etc. I hope your intrested in expanding your
> reference to include V3/V4 as well.. apart from the image codecs and
> resource file formats, the opcodes and engine are generally the same as
> V5.

Oo, excellent. I needed the resource file stuff. Probably go in Friday,
unless I get seriously bored at work.

I notice you mention the various subengines --- SPUTM, SMUSH, iNSANE,
MMUCAS. What are the exact distinctions between these and the
generalised SCUMM engine? It all seems pretty interleaved to me.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a
+- www.cowlark.com --+