[Scummvm-devel] Porting (was: Proposal: restructuring the source tree)

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Aug 16 06:19:05 CEST 2002

David Given <dg at cowlark.com> writes:

> Incidentally, is there documentation on how to write the
> platform-specific bit of code? I'd be interested in doing an intent
> port, but it just seems too hairy at the moment as I'd need to
> reverse-engineer the X code to work out what's going on. What are the
> requirements? For example, am I required to do 8-bit emulation with a
> palette, or will generic code do that for me?

Yeah, you have to remap the pixels from the 8-bit palette to
whatever you're using natively, but that's just a table lookup so no
big deal.  The Dreamcast port does it on-the-fly as the graphics are
uploaded to texture memory.

I don't think there's any docs, but don't hesitate to ask if there's
some aspect of the interface you're confused about (some parts of it
_are_ rather confusing).

  // Marcus