[Scummvm-devel] Sam'n'Max CD problems

Sam Kenny SamKenny at cit.com.au
Sun Feb 3 14:59:02 CET 2002

Hi Florian,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the script descumm question, but the
others I do have some info on.

The intro hangs because drawString draws off the end of the buffer and
overwrites a  sound header, I'm currently working on a patch to submit for
this. A quick fix for this is around line 463 in string.cpp in drawString to
replace
	if (a==1 && (_features&GF_AFTER_V6))
with
	if (!string[a].no_talk_anim && (_features&GF_AFTER_V6))
but it may have other side effects, but the intro runs to the end.

The drawBox color==-1 does actually work, it's something else that is
causing it, it seems as if the loading of some of the graphics objects is
not correct and it is just blitting stuff from old memory that hasn't been
cleared, I haven't tracked it down yet, but it appeared just before
christmas time, around the time the setShake support was added, but it may
have been from an unrelated patch around then, if you want to go hunting.

Cheers,

Sam