[Scummvm-devel] Endian problem with Atlantis

Soeren Gust sgust at ithh.infoserv.de
Fri Jul 12 12:32:06 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:11:51PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> At 18:55 Uhr +0200 12.07.2002, Soeren Gust wrote:
> >The problem is that the costume data are stored different in the Amiga
> >games, they are rotated 90 degrees. Instead of drawing them column by
> >column they have to be drawn line by line. I have noticed that on the
> >Amiga version of Monkey Island 2. I had fixed one of the costume drawing
> >routines (proc6, the easiest), but gave up after seeing the other ones,
> >I am not very good at programming.
> >

> Ah! I guess that's no in CVS, though, right?

No, I don't have write access and I currently have no access to my changes,
they are at a different location.

> It shouldn't be too hard to change the other proc methods as
> required. Would it be acceptable if all of this was steered by the
> "-a" (Amiga) flag as well? If yes I could just code it in now, and
> somebody who owns the Amiga version can try the change then.

Steering it by the Amiga flag may break other Amiga games, all I have for
Amiga is MI2. Perhaps there is a flag in one of the headers.  If you code
the changes I am willing to test them.

And while we are talking about the Amiga versions: How are the chances for
sound support in Amiga games? AFAIK the sound is stored as midi files under
a different name, but the instruments are stored in amigaXX.ims files.

Soeren